Monday 11 February 2013

Thrifting

Heelllloooooo!

Thrifting or more commonly known in the UK as charity shopping (I prefer the term thrifting as I am American at heart and because I think it sounds fancier...) in my experience, it is often a love or hate thing for most people. How do you feel about charity shopping Jazz? do I hear you ask? well I bloody love it! My mum used to take me charity shopping when I was younger and we just used to have such a good time and she gave me the confidence as a teenager, to go into charity shops with little or no care to what anyone else thought. I have to say however that as I've got into my very late teens (I'm 20 this year) and since I've had my own TV series so I'm seen as slightly famous, Ive found myself not as willing to charity shop because I think I feel like people will be judging me more?? which is ridiculous because I really enjoy it so I shouldn't care what people think...but sometimes I do...
Having said all this, I still do 90% of my shopping in overpriced, unethical but lovely and shiny hight street stores.
One of my best friends has never experienced the joys of thrifting so after days of badgering and explaining that you find the most unique, different and totally awesome clothes/accessories for insanely cheap prices (you can literally get five tops for the same price as one from a high street shop), your really helping a charity which earns you major karma points as well as justifying the 20 items you have bought and finally its really good fun! She reluctantly agreed to let me pop her charity shop cherry as a few days later I (literally) dragged her into The North Clwyd Animal Rescue shop and she's never looked back! We now go at least twice a month to all our local ones and to out of town ones if we can. Going with a friend is great for your conference when charity shopping and I find that I have so much more fun. Sometimes the stock won't be that great and you can get a little disheartened, if this is the case me and my friend liven things up by playing games such as dares, find the worst outfit and did someone die in this (you really don't want to know)....

Here are some of my recent charity shop finds.
This is one of my most recant and favourite finds, its punkyfish and I got it for around £2!  

 Absolutely gorgeous silk blazer for around £4 
 Funky leggings £1
 military style jacket £1
 Aztec print dress £1
 Massive scarf/shrug £1.50
 Another favourite, a sheer black top which ties at the hem. It has 'bits' in the thread which makes its it so textured and unique.  
 This was also £1
 I got this a few days ago and I am so in love with it. I read that oriental prints are going to be in this summer...Im so ahead of the trends.This was also only £1!!

 velour dress £2    

Here are some really cute accessories I picked up recently
 $1
 15p
 15p
 15p
 20p
 50p
£1



I hope this has encourage you to go and explore you local charity shops and I'll keep you up to date on my thrifting finds.

Thanks for reading!
Byyyeeee
Jazz
xx

3 comments:

  1. I love charity shops, i'm getting a nice top whilst helping out a charity. Yay! I think everyone should do it :)

    Laura x
    http://pale-girl-reviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow looks like your charity shops are better than the ones I have nearby! All they're good for are books! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore Charity Shops, who doesn't like a bargain?! I don't really care what people think as the money you spend goes to a good cause (: xoxo

    ReplyDelete