Wednesday 13 February 2013

Avon products review!

Heellllooo! 

I'll start by telling you about my day because it's been very productive! I got up at 9:45, showered and tried to calm myself because I had to go and have blood taken at 1pm...oh joy... I've had a lot of blood tests over the years but I never seem to get used to them...my mum still comes with me to hold my hand.

My various anxiety disorders don't help, I really work myself up to the point of a major panic attack which always leaves me exhausted and shaken but today, other than feeling a little nauseous and the occasional thought such as "what if the needle goes in wrong and I bleed to death" I was calm and panic attack free. I walked out of the hospital with the usual cotton wool ball taped over but with an unusual sensation of strength. Then instead of going straight home to hide under my lovely safe duvet, I did some grocery shopping, helped my mum pick some new bedding for her bed, got some foundation samples from my nearest channel counter (conquering my fear of counter ladies), perused through all the sale racks in Debenhams and exchanged my faulty hair curlers for new ones at Argos...so productive!

Ok so on with the reviews!


In general I'm a big fan of Avon and I do have quite a big collection of their products, mostly because my nana's neighbour/friend is an Avon representative so my nana feels it's "only right" that she orders something each time we get the catalogue (every 3 weeks). If it wasn't for my nana insisting that I order something when she doesn't want anything, I can't say I would have tried any Avon products. 

I have found that I either love or really dislike each product, how about you?  

I'm going to review the good, the bad and the just plain ugly of my Avon products but I will start with my two most recent purchases. 




First is an Avon Perfect Kiss Lipstick in 'Deep Orchid'.


At the moment these lipsticks are £4.99 down from £8.50 and on having tried one, I would say that this is a total bargain! 




I'm a sucker for packaging and this alone can often sway me to buy a product. I absolutely love the look of these lipsticks, they are so swish and James bond-esk. I have to resist urge to point it at someone and shout freeze or I'll wipe your memory!...They really do it for me on the packaging front. 

 Now for the important bit...the actual product. I have to admit that I wasn't expecting big things from a 'cheap' (cheap as in price not quality) Avon lipstick but oh boy was I shocked when I tried it! 
The colour payoff was really phenomenal, even on a light swipe. I can't say this for all of this collection but this particular colour is so wonderfully pigmented and the colour is so deep and rich. The nice thing is you can 'adjust' the intensity of the colour by how many layers you apply.

(far left swatch is three layers, middle is two layers and the far right is just one light layer)
It does have a slight shine but it is not heavy or 'slimy'. The shine does stay and it doesn't turn matte which I don't mind but if your looking for a matte lipstick then this one isn't for you....sorry about that. 

It does have surprisingly good staying power (it still looked acceptable even after I'd eaten a mcflurry!) but it does stain your lips and after a while it does dry out my lips a little out so I would definitely use a balm before applying it. Oh and speaking of applying it, unsurprisingly because of the colour, it can be a little 'messy' so I highly recommend applying it with a lip brush...unless your going for the abstract look? Also it does feather (right up to your nostrils!) after a few hours unless you use a lip liner.         

It smells really yummy too which is always a big plus for me, I hate lip products that smell or taste like chemicals...uughh nasty! but at the same time if they smell and taste too good then I will just eat them which can't be healthy? Anyway this one smells like baking cookies but thankfully has no taste...yes I did check :) 

Overall I bloody love this lipstick and I will definitely be buying more colours!
Below are some of my favourites! 
Natural GlowNatural Glow
Peach PeckPeach PeckLovey Dovey PinkLovey Dovey Pink
Loving LilacLoving LilacCaressing CoralCaressing CoralRed EmbraceRed Embrace 

 (More on http://avonshop.co.uk/product/make-up/lips/avon-perfect-kiss-lipstick.html)

Ok so the next product is a glimmerstick lip liner in 'red brick' which actually came free with the lipstick as part of a deal. I was really excited to try this but disappointingly, in this case the saying "you get what you pay for" was very true.  


 It is a very nice colour but this is the only compliment I can really come up with for this product.


I was immediately disappointed by the 'nib', its one of those twistable ones which can't be sharpened and the product is very 'soft' so as soon as I pressed it to my skin it went flat which created a really thick line which was hard to control. Not what you want from a lip liner!   


It also smudged very easily and didn't seem to stop the lipstick from escaping aaallll over my face. I looked like I'd been punched in the mouth!...Not exactly the look I was going for...

Sorry Avon but this I did not like!


I'd love to know your favourite and not so favourite Avon products or some suggestions of what to try next, comment below :) 

  
Thanks for reading and check back soon for new posts!

Byyyeee


Jazz 

xxx 

6 comments:

  1. I love Avon, they're stuff is so cheap. I haven't tried much of their make-up though, just a couple of nail polishes. Have you tried any of their foundations?

    Laura x
    http://pale-girl-reviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww soo cute!! i reviewed some new products in my latest post! would loovvee if you'd take aloookk xxxxx followweedd lul
    http://www.hughesing.com/2013/06/playing-with-some-new-products.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I love how you blog :) Anyway, I am an avid Avon user and now I am using their Deodorant cream. I tell you this: It's the best I ever had! I first read it on http://www.webbline.com/avon-feelin-fresh-deodorant-cream-review/ and they highly recommend it so I gave it a try and now I love the result :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I love avon make up and plan to do a lot of reviews over on my blog. I liked the way the lip liner smudged as I used a brown colour (can't remember which shade) and I smudged it purposely and didn't wear lipstick to try and get a fuller lipped look. (Think Kylie jenner) anyway the other lipstick here looks a fab texture so ill defo give that one a go!! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! I love avon make up and plan to do a lot of reviews over on my blog. I liked the way the lip liner smudged as I used a brown colour (can't remember which shade) and I smudged it purposely and didn't wear lipstick to try and get a fuller lipped look. (Think Kylie jenner) anyway the other lipstick here looks a fab texture so ill defo give that one a go!! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Try the Magix Primer! It is seriously amazing:)
    Join/Shop Avon:
    https://mamac.avonrepresentative.com
    Avon Rep Tips:
    https://www.catmomdo.com

    ReplyDelete