Tuesday 12 February 2013

Pepperoni pancakes!

Heellllloooo

Happy Pancake Tuesday!

I am not in any way religious but I do celebrate pancake day because am I really going to pass up a day were it's perfectly acceptable to eat pancakes for every meal?! Absolutely not!
Pancake Tuesday is traditionally known as 'Shrove Tuesday'. The word shrove comes from the word shrive which means "confess"...fun fact for you there!.. Now I do confess that I wont be giving anything up for lent and I am going to continue to indulge in all the things I love...because I'm not religious :)

My pancake day in pictures...

 Most years I make my own pancake mix but this year I completely forgot about it until last night, luckily there was a ready made mix lurking in the back of the cupboard.
 Sprinkle sprinkle 

Mix mix
Funny story about mixing...last pancake day me and my nana spent most of the morning cleaning batter off nearly every visible surface in the kitchen after a little electric mixer mishap...
 Drip drip
 sizzle sizzle 
ohh the glorious smell of cooking pancakes..

The next picture should be one of my nana flipping a pancake whilst running round the whole house...she didn't drop it once!....she's a really good tosser.....
 Dust dust
I'm an traditional gal when it comes to sweet pancakes, a dusting of sugar will do for me.  

 Roll roll
 Yum yuuummm 
That's my breakfast/dinner sorted :) 

Now for tea!

I absolutely love savoury pancakes. Every year I try something new and this year I went for a 'pizza' style pancake! 


I used sweet chilli Philadelphia because 90% of my food has to be spicy or I loose interest in it and because I'm not a fan of most 'hard' cheeses. The 'pepperoni' slices were a recent discovery and I am in love with them! They are made by Quorn so they are 100% vegetarian, they are so versatile and at 55 calories for a quarter of a pack (around 7 slices) a small homemade pizza could fit into my diet!
I've been having these 'pepperoni' slices with a little Philadelphia on ryvita thins for lunch pretty much every day for last 2 weeks and I can't wait to try more recipes with them. I will definitely do a blog post dedicated to them because they are just so bloody good!      


Did you take advantage of being allowed to pause your diet for a day? What did you have on your pancakes?

Anyway by for now but thanks for reading and check back tomorrow for a post about my latest Avon purchases and their reviews.

Byyyeeee

Jazz
xxx

p.s 100 points if you noticed that my blog has had a little redecorating done :)

1 comment:

  1. Quorn Pepperoni = Winner! Love it, especially on homemade pizza, nom
    M x

    ReplyDelete